Thursday, October 27, 2011

Why Dick's is better than In-N-Out

Ah, the heated debate: which is better Dick's or In-N-Out?

I've eaten at both places, multiple times, over a span of 10+ years. I've come to the conclusion that Dick's is better than In-N-Out.

Here's why (in no particular order):

  • I can get Dick's whenever I want. I have to go 2 states away to get In-N-Out.
  • In-N-Out fries have the taste and texture of cardboard. Dick's fries are greasy and delicious.
  • Dick's is cheaper.
  • I can get Dick's until 2AM (only 1AM at In-N-Out)
  • I have to wait forever with a bunch of snobby, pretentious, "my shit doesn't stink", ass holes to get my food at In-N-Out. It's California. Go figure.
  • The grand opening of the new Dick's had over 700 people waiting at 8AM
  • Those same snobby, pretentious etc. guys argue that In-N-Out is better because they have "quality ingredients" and therefore a healthier product. Check THIS out.

Dick's Deluxe                  In-N-Out Double Double
Calories - 540                  670
Fat - 34g                          41g
Sodium - 700mg              1440mg

Hmm... interesting.

Shame on you for automatically assuming that I don't like In-N-Out. I do like it. A double double animal style is delicious. All I'm saying is give me a Dick's deluxe any day over that.

Disagree? I triple dog dare you put your argument here. I bet you won't have the double doubles to, In-N-Out lover. =P

4 comments:

  1. I have no preference. I wouldn't argue the point because as far as I'm concerned, they're both localized versions (like Carl's Jr. is Hardee's in the South) of the same global chain 'Bland-As-Shit Burger'. Their entire campaign revolves around using a different name in every state with a slightly different gimmick in each one, so that people in each state become rabid fans of the type they're used to. Seriously, I've had both and the only benefit of either is that they're cheap and convenient, if I want to eat something that tastes good, I wouldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dick's is superior to the vastly overrated In-N-Out Burger. I enjoy In-N-Out, but the hype about it is a mystery to me. I personally think it's a name more than anything. People get so carried away with the fact that In-N-Out is a big name that they fool themselves into thinking the food is better than it is. This tends to happen when a product is so popular. The only things I would change about Dick's is I wish the portion of fries was bigger, that they wouldn't be a cash only joint, and that they wouldn't charge $.05 for a condiment. But those things have never changed over the years and will never change, so it's not worth worrying about. Other than that, Dick's burgers taste better than In-N-Out's, their fries taste better, and their shakes taste better. That just about covers it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dick's now takes credit/debit cards.

    The key to a "tasty" meal at Dick's: Salt to taste (they purposefully under-salt their burgers, while In-n-Out over-salts theirs). Fork out the nickel and dime for ketchup, tartar sauce, and chopped onions. Slather those fries in the tartar. Always order a shake (I like vanilla).

    ReplyDelete