Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thor

Thor. God of Thunder. Summer movie blockbuster. Quick review.
Wasn't expecting a lot from Thor. As a comic book fan I've read only a couple of Thor comics. Why? Cause they're kind of boring. They're pretty mindless entertainment with little substance behind their characters. There's some action. Comic over.

The movie was pretty much the same...

... and that's what made it a really fun summer movie. The guys that made this movies took a lot of liberty with Thor comic book lore, which I think made the movie better. I really won't get into them because I'm not a Thor fan boy so it makes little difference for me. Though I'll give you one quick one... the giant gatekeeper guy? Not black.

There was fun action and great effects. Sir Anthony Hopkins made for a great Odin. And who doesn't like to watch Natalie Portman? She's adorable! (I sat through that Black Swan horse shit just because she's cute).

If you haven't seen it I'd wait for it to come out on blu-ray. It's a fun character setup for the Avengers movie next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment